trance speak

Sunday, May 07, 2006

ESFP Quotes


====

===

Charlize Theron Quotation

"I was always Mama's girl, and I always felt like her protector." - on the revaltion that Charlize's mother shot and killed Charlize's father while he was in a drunken rage. The shooting was ruled self-defense. "At first I found it really hard using three different English accents: South African, faking the American, faking the accent required by the job. I decided to make it easier for myself and just do one. I haven't lost my culture, just my accent."

"Women have conquered the world. And with everything we go through, it's about time we had a female president. I don't think we're that far away, but it should have happened already. I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary Rodham Clinton runs - I really admire her."

"I've always been very proud to be a South African and I've always been very honest to people about that. And whatever I can do in my power I promise you I will do. I don't think it's too much pressure. I think it's our duty as citizens of this country. You don't have to win an Oscar to do something good for your country. We all can do that. If I can be an encouragement for that I'll be glad to be that."

I'm 50-50 on glamour stuff. I'd rather put on a pair of jeans and get on my Harley and act like a guy.





Movie Title: The Astronaut's Wife (1999) as Jillian / Jillian Armacost:



Jillian : He's hiding inside me.


Jillian : You killed my husband.
Spencer Armacost : Yeah. I did. And I fucked his wife.


Spencer Armacost : Well I told that bloated fast food eating motherfucker that we'd have never gotten the chance to be heroes if he hadn't forced us to put that peice of shit exploding sateliette up into orbit.
Jillian Armacost : And then what happened?
Spencer Armacost : Oh you know, he said he'd never been spoken to like that before by anybody and I said I didn't give a big hairy rats ass and if he ever called me again I would track him down, rouse him from his bunk, pull his pants round his ankles and spank him with a coathanger right there in front of his wife and children!
Jillian Armacost : Wanna tell me what you really said to the president?
Spencer Armacost : Yeah, I thanked him for his call and I asked him what he was wearing. And, uh, he started breathing kinda heavy, made a funny noise and hung up.


Spencer Armacost : Now, she got balloons, why didn't I get no balloons?
Jillian Armacost : Coz you got candy
Spencer Armacost : I ain't got no candy, where's my candy?

Movie Title: Sweet November (2001) as Sara:



Sara : What are you doing?
Nelson Moss : Buying redemption.
Sara : Redemption's not for sale today.


Nelson Moss : What are you doing?
Sara : Taking your shirt off.
Nelson Moss : Why?
Sara : Because you smell like puppy pee.


Sara : You know, he asked me to marry him.
Chaz : He's not the first...
Sara : But it was the first time I wanted to say "Yes".


Nelson Moss : Why a month?
Sara : Because it's long enough to be meaningful, but short enough to stay out of trouble.


Sara : You're my immortality Nelson.


Sara : Nelson do you want to be my November.
Nelson : Yes.


Sara : What are you more afraid of: spending more than two consecutive nights with the same woman, or finding out this thing might not be as crazy as it seems?





Movie Title: Waking Up in Reno (2002) as Candy:


[Candy has slept with Darlene's husband.]
Darlene : And you call yourself my friend.
Candy : Damn right I do.





Movie Title: The Cider House Rules (1999) as Candy Kendall:



Homer Wells : I've never actually seen a lobster.
Candy Kendall : Are you serious?
Homer Wells : I've never seen the ocean either.
Wally Worthington : You've never seen the ocean? That's not funny, that's serious.


Candy Kendall : He volunteered. Jesus. Nobody volunteers for the Burma run. He said so himself. He just leaves me here. What does he want? He wants me to wait for him? Oh, God he knows me. He knows I'm not good at being alone. This was right. I know this was right.
Homer Wells : You're right. This was right.
Candy Kendall : Yeah.


Candy Kendall : I know what's going on Rose. Homer told me. You don't know this, but I got pregnant about a year ago. Do you want to have this baby? No? Who's the father? Does he know? If you don't want to have this baby, Homer and I will take you to a place. It's safe. He knows this doc...
Rose Rose : I can't go nowhere.
Candy Kendall : Why? Rose, listen to me. You can tell me. It's ok. [Rose starts crying]
Arthur Rose : Morning.
Candy Kendall : Morning, Mr. Rose.
Arthur Rose : I'm gonna be up top, ok? [Rose gestures to Arthur as the father of her baby]





Movie Title: Monster (2003) as Aileen:



Aileen : Ffffffuck you, Leslie


Aileen : "Love conquers all." "Every cloud has a silver lining." "Faith can move mountains." "Love will always find a way." "Everything happens for a reason." "Where there is life, there is hope." [laughs]
Aileen : Oh, well... They gotta tell you somethin'


Lawyer : Can I tell you something? When the beach party is over, you don't get to say. "You know what? Now I think I'd like to have what everybody else has worked their entire life for." It doesn't work that way.
Aileen : Fuck you, man. Yeah, FUCK YOU! YOU DON'T FUCKIN' KNOW ME!
Lawyer : OK, great. That's great. See, now I'm so sorry I didn't hire you before.


Aileen : "All you need is love and to believe in yourself." [scoffs]
Aileen : Nice idea. It doesn't exactly work out that way. But I guess it was better to hear a flat-out lie than to know the truth at 13.


Will : You wanna call me "Daddy" while I fuck you, huh?
Aileen : I'll try. Why? You like to fuck your kids?


Bartender : The bar's closed.
Aileen : Then do you think you could pull that stick out of your ass? Hm? Now that "the bar's closed".





Movie Title: The Devil's Advocate (1997) as Mary Ann Lomax:



Mary Ann Lomax : I know we've got all this money, and it's supposed to be OK, but it's not.


John Milton : What about you? Your family, you gotta miss 'em. [Mary Ann shakes her head no]
John Milton : No?
Mary Ann Lomax : I told Kevin the only thing worse than not having a father was having mine.
John Milton : I can relate. I can, believe me.


Mary Ann Lomax : Say I can handle it.
Kevin Lomax : You can handle it.
Mary Ann Lomax : Say something nice.
Kevin Lomax : Something nice.





Movie Title: The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (2001) as Laura Kensington:



C.W. Briggs : They say, I always get my man.
Laura Kensington : Me too.





Movie Title: The Italian Job (2003) as Stella Bridger / Stella:



Stella : I trust everyone. It's the devil inside them I don't trust.


Stella : I don't go out with strange men. I just met you 5 minutes ago.
Steve : What, I'll just have to sabotage my cable till we get to know each other better?


Charlie Croker : Don't you want to see what's inside?
Stella : Absolutely.

Cop: Don't you want to look inside?
Stella : I never look inside.


Stella : You know this was never about the gold.
Steve : What ever helps you sleep at night sweetheart. [Stella punches Steve]

[about John]
Charlie Croker : Just because he was around me more doesn't mean he wasn't thinking about you.
Stella Bridger : [Sniffling] It would be nice if it were true.
Charlie Croker : It is true. He always regretted not having been a better father to you, Stella.
Stella Bridger : How do you know that?
Charlie Croker : Because he told me.


John Bridger : I'm sending you something.
Stella Bridger : Does it smell nice?
John Bridger : No. But it's sparkly.


Wrench : [upon first seeing Stella] Whoa, whoa whoa! I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Wrench.
Stella : [slapping a wrapped hoagie into his outstretched hand] Ham and cheese.
Wrench : Oh, that's cold.


Stella : What happened to your hand?
Charlie Croker : I punched Steve.
Stella : OH! Now how come YOU get to hit Steve and I couldn't?
Charlie Croker : Because these hands are much too valuable.


Stella : I want to see Steve's face when we steal his gold. He stole my father from me. I'm stealing this.


Stella : [teasing Handsome Rob] What... you couldn't get through traffic?


Steve : How about dinner?
Stella : You ask your last cable repair guy out to dinner?
Steve : No. But he had a handlebar mustache and weighed like 300 pounds.





Movie Title: Mighty Joe Young (1998) as Jill Young:



Jill Young : So, this is L.A., huh? Everything looks the same. How do you know where you are?
Greg O'Hara : It's easy. The ocean's that way, the mountains are that way, Mexico's that way, and Canada's thataway. You don't have to worry about the rest; you'll never see it through the smog.





Movie Title: Trapped (2002) as Karen:



Will : Abby, are you all right?
Abby : Yeah, I was just looking at crabs!
Will : [Smiling]
Abby : Daddy, don't worry about me so much!
Karen : [Imitating Abby] Yeah daddy, don't worry so much. We'll be fine!


Karen : [pointing a gun] Take me to her! You SON OF A BITCH!





Movie Title: Reindeer Games (2000) as Ashley Mercer:



Ashley Mercer : When I get in there you better be wearing nothing but a candy cane!





Movie Title: The Legend of Bagger Vance (2000) as Adele Invergordon / Adel Invergordon:



Adele Invergordon : And now I'm supposed to run into your arms and melt like butter on a hot muffin?


Adel Invergordon : I like the way we danced.























---
Stendhal:
-----

novel is a mirror which passes over a highway. Sometimes it reflects to your eyes the blue of the skies, at others the churned-up mud of the road.
Stendhal

A wise woman never yields by appointment. It should always be an unforeseen happiness.
Stendhal

All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.
Stendhal

Far less envy in America than in France, and far less wit.
Stendhal

Friendship has its illusions no less than love.
Stendhal

God's only excuse is that he does not exist.
Stendhal

I call 'crystallization' that action of the mind that discovers fresh perfections in its beloved at every turn of events.
Stendhal

If you don't love me, it does not matter, anyway I can love for both of us.
Stendhal

It is the nobility of their style which will make our writers of 1840 unreadable forty years from now.
Stendhal

Life is too short, and the time we waste in yawning never can be regained.
Stendhal

Logic is neither an art nor a science but a dodge.
Stendhal

Love has always been the most important business in my life, I should say the only one.
Stendhal

Mathematics allows for no hypocrisy and no vagueness.
Stendhal

One can acquire everything in solitude - except character.
Stendhal

Only great minds can afford a simple style.
Stendhal

People are less self-conscious in the intimacy of family life and during the anxiety of a great sorrow. The dazzling varnish of an extreme politeness is then less in evidence, and the true qualities of the heart regain their proper proportions.
Stendhal

People happy in love have an air of intensity.
Stendhal

Pleasure is often spoiled by describing it.
Stendhal

Power, after love, is the first source of happiness.
Stendhal

Prudery is a kind of avarice, the worst of all.
Stendhal

She had caprices of a marvellous unexpectedness, and how is any one to imitate a caprice?
Stendhal

The first qualification for a historian is to have no ability to invent.
Stendhal

The French are the wittiest, the most charming, and up to the present, at all events, the least musical race on Earth.
Stendhal

The man of genius is he and he alone who finds such joy in his art that he will work at it come hell or high water.
Stendhal

The more a race is governed by its passions, the less it has acquired the habit of cautious and reasoned argument, the more intense will be its love of music.
Stendhal

The more one pleases everybody, the less one pleases profoundly.
Stendhal

The pleasures of love are always in proportion to our fears.
Stendhal

This is the curse of our age, that even the strangest aberrations are no cure for boredom.
Stendhal

Who knows whether it is not true that phosphorus and mind are not the same thing?
Stendhal

Women are always eagerly on the lookout for any emotion.
Stendhal


---
---
Kaiser Wilhelm II, the last German Emperor
--

He takes everything personally -- He wants to teach others, but learns unwillingly himself -- He loves glory and is ambitious and jealous. In order to get him to accept an idea, you must act as though the idea was his. You must make everything easy for him. He readily encourages others to take bold steps but throws them overboard if they fail. Never forget that he needs praise -- he is as grateful for it as a good and clever child.

a rascally young fop who throws his weight around, thinks too much of himself, and fancies that others worship him.

-The first quote is by one of his close friends, the second, by Tsar Alexander III.

It does suggest a type to me; alas, that type is not a socionics type.
Oh, and it would be "major asshole"
ESFp?

----
----
-CHER-

- “I don't need a man. But I'm happier with one. I like to have someone I can touch and squeeze and kiss. But I don't fold up and die if I don't have a man around.”

- “I can trust my friends These people force me to examine myself, encourage me to grow.”

- “Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong and disposable.”

-“The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then marry him”

-“I've always taken risks, and never worried what the world might really think of me.”

- “I only answer to two people, myself and God.”

-Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.”

- “If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.”

- “Women have to harness their power - its absolutely true. It's just learning not to take the first no. And if you can't go straight ahead, you go around the corner.”

- “Don't take your toys inside just because it's raining.”

- “I wouldn't give myself any advice, because advice is kinda bullshit. Take a deep breath and don't take any of it too seriously.”

-Men aren't necessities. They're luxuries.”

- “Going hungry never bothered me - it was having no clothes.”

- “A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.”

- “Yes, it's a man's world, but that's all right because they're making a total mess of it. We're chipping away at their control, taking the parts we want. Some women think it's a difficult task, but it's not.”

- “Husbands are like fires - they go out when they're left unattended.”

- “It's not necessary, in order to be a complete person, that I have a man. It's not the end-all, be-all of my life.”

- “Words are like weapons; they wound sometimes”

- “In this business it takes time to be really good - and by that time, you're obsolete.”

- “Anyone who's a great kisser I'm always interested in”

-“To me marriage is for five or ten years”

- “I'm insecure about everything, because... I'm never going to look in the mirror and see this blond, blue-eyed girl. That is my idea of what I'd like to look like.”

- “I don't like Bush. I don't trust him. I don't like his record. He's stupid. He's lazy.”

- “I kill myself for my body”

- “Nothing lifts me out of a bad mood better than a hard workout on my treadmill. It never fails. To us, exercise is nothing short of a miracle.”

- “I'm scared to death of being poor. It's like a fat girl who loses 500 pounds but is always fat inside. I grew up poor and will always feel poor inside. It's my pet paranoia.”

- “I won't be able to do what I'm doing forever. There aren't that many scripts floating around for fifty-year-old chicks.”

-I'm still friends with all my exes, apart from my husbands.
Cher


-I'm not gonna become Ann Bancroft or Meryl Streep and have all the burden that being a "serious actress" entails.
Cher


-Cher quotes

"I don't smoke. I don't drink to speak off. I don't take drugs at all. I take care of my two children.
I've been married twice, once for eleven years and once for three. I don't go out with more then
man at a time. But you know what it is: I dress strange."

"It's my body and if I want to do it like Michael Jackson, I will. My nose bothered me for a long
time. Now it's smaller and I'm happy. If I wanna put my tits on my back, they're mine!"

"Having sex with someone you're not crazy about - I don't think I'm grown up enough."

"I won't be able to do what I'm doing forever. There aren't that many scripts floating around for
fifty-year-old chicks."

"I don't need a man. But I'm happier with one. I like to have someone I can touch and squeeze
and kiss. But I don't fold up and die if I don't have a man around."

"I'm scared to death of beeing poor. It's like a fat girl who looses 500 pounds but is always fat
inside. I grew up poor and will always feel poor inside. It's my pet paranoia."

"I'm still in friends with my exes, apart from my husbands."

"Going hungry never bothered me - it was having no clothes."

"There are lots of things I'd like to be, and nice just doesn't seem good enough."

"I am a part of history whether people want to take it seriously or not."

"If you are going to wait for someone to encourage you to do something, you just better give
up."

"Living your life the way you want to live it is the most important thing so if you have to pay
small prices along the way, it's not important."

"It was always 'Cher', I never thought of myself as anything but 'Cher'."

"After the holocaust there still will be cockroaches and Cher."

"Romantic evening for me is: movies, M & Ms and sex."

"This sucks out loud!"

"Women are real architects of society."

"We can't all be all things."

"You don't have to be smart to act - look at the outgoing president of the United States."

"It's really a joke that my whole life people thought I was unattractive until now - when I'm
getting too old to really be attractive."

"For years I'd been popular in America not because of my talent but because I was famous

-If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.
- in the London "Times" [Love]

If I want to put my tits on my back, it's nobody's business but my own.
- on ABC's television show "Primetime Thursday"
[Privacy]

If it came in a bottle, everyone would have a great body.
- [Beauty]


-

-

-======
======
KISSINGER

--
Also, there is agreement that Nixon was Gamma (I say ENTj; Rick and the Russians say ISFj; but never mind) and I also type Nixon's inner circle as Beta - - Haldeman (ISTj), Ehrlichman (ENFj) and Al Haig (ESTp). That Nixon chose to surround himself with Beta people is interesting; but the point is, Kissinger was never in the inner circle, he was often mocked by the others.

Nixon and Kissinger basically used each other, respecting each other's abilities but not really in a relationship.

From the same interview:

Quote:
And you could tell this ambivalence he felt towards Kissinger. I mean, [Nixon] is a man who admires Kissinger's mind enormously but is very wary of Kissinger's personality and very jealous of the acclaim Henry Kissinger got for things that Nixon feels was -- you know, the credit should go to Nixon. And so he would -- all of Nixon's sentences about Kissinger would have spin on them, if you know what I mean. He would say, "Well, I'm not one to say that Henry Kissinger is paranoid, and some people do, of course, say he's paranoid" -- that's Nixon talking -- "but" -- and then he would go on to tell some tale about Kissinger doing something or Kissinger losing his temper. But he was always admiring of Kissinger's mind.


This is also interesting:

Quote:
he was a devious with his peers, obsequious to his superiors, and domineering towards his subordinates. And that's the aspect of Kissinger's personality I found very unattractive.

He was always playing people off against each other, degenerating people, talking about people behind their backs. He wasn't necessarily outright duplicitous, saying one thing to one side and one thing to the other side -- another thing to the other side, but he came close. He would allow one side to believe the doves or the liberals -- that he agreed with them, and then he'd go talk to conservatives and hawks. He'd let them feel that he agreed with that side, so he got a reputation for being duplicitous.


Here he sounds more like ESTp.

Quote:
But, you know, you look at what James Schlesinger says about Kissinger in the book. I mean, he says that -- I think one of his quotes was, "Most people when they lie look to shame, but when Henry Kissinger lies, he does it as a matter of his own nature, because it's like an Arabesque to him." Or Helmut Sonnenfeldt, who worked for Kissinger, who said, you know, "Kissinger doesn't lie because it's in his interest. He lies because it's in his nature."


Quote:
ISAACSON: I was very eager to try to explain certain things and, you know, you get into -- and it is like Kissinger. I mean, Kissinger is a man who, when you ask him about things, he's convinced that you're not going to understand them and that he's got to get you to understand what he did in Cambodia, what he did in the Middle East, why he had to cut the State Department out of certain things. And he has sort of that eager quality to make you understand, and I guess like any biographer, you can see some of yourself in the person you're writing about.

---

A leader does not deserve the name unless he is willing occasionally to stand alone.
Henry A. Kissinger

A leader who confines his role to his people's experience dooms himself to stagnation; a leader who outstrips his people's experience runs the risk of not being understood.
Henry A. Kissinger

Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets.
Henry A. Kissinger

Any fact that needs to be disclosed should be put out now or as quickly as possible, because otherwise the bleeding will not end.
Henry A. Kissinger

Art is man's expression of his joy in labor.
Henry A. Kissinger

Blessed are the people whose leaders can look destiny in the eye without flinching but also without attempting to play God.
Henry A. Kissinger

Corrupt politicians make the other ten percent look bad.
Henry A. Kissinger

Deep versed in books and shallow in himself.
Henry A. Kissinger

Diplomacy: the art of restraining power.
Henry A. Kissinger

Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem.
Henry A. Kissinger

Even a paranoid has some real enemies.
Henry A. Kissinger

For other nations, utopia is a blessed past never to be recovered; for Americans it is just beyond the horizon.
Henry A. Kissinger

High office teaches decision making, not substance. It consumes intellectual capital; it does not create it. Most high officials leave office with the perceptions and insights with which they entered; they learn how to make decisions but not what decisions to make.
Henry A. Kissinger

I am being frank about myself in this book. I tell of my first mistake on page 850.
Henry A. Kissinger

I don't see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its people. The issues are much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves.
Henry A. Kissinger

If eighty percent of your sales come from twenty percent of all of your items, just carry those twenty percent.
Henry A. Kissinger

If I should ever be captured, I want no negotiation - and if I should request a negotiation from captivity they should consider that a sign of duress.
Henry A. Kissinger

If it's going to come out eventually, better have it come out immediately.
Henry A. Kissinger

If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Henry A. Kissinger

In crises the most daring course is often safest.
Henry A. Kissinger

It is, after all, the responsibility of the expert to operate the familiar and that of the leader to transcend it.
Henry A. Kissinger

It was a Greek tragedy. Nixon was fulfilling his own nature. Once it started it could not end otherwise.
Henry A. Kissinger

Leaders are responsible not for running public opinion polls but for the consequences of their actions.
Henry A. Kissinger

Leaders must invoke an alchemy of great vision.
Henry A. Kissinger

Moderation is a virtue only in those who are thought to have an alternative.
Henry A. Kissinger

Next week there can't be any crisis. My schedule is already full.
Henry A. Kissinger

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
Henry A. Kissinger

No country can act wisely simultaneously in every part of the globe at every moment of time.
Henry A. Kissinger

No foreign policy - no matter how ingenious - has any chance of success if it is born in the minds of a few and carried in the hearts of none.
Henry A. Kissinger

No one will ever win the battle of the sexes; there's too much fraternizing with the enemy.
Henry A. Kissinger

Nothing ever engaged him so completely that he would bring to it the sacrifice of personal advancement.
Henry A. Kissinger

People are generally amazed that I would take an interest in any form that would require me to stop talking for three hours.
Henry A. Kissinger

Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac.
Henry A. Kissinger

The absence of alternatives clears the mind marvelously.
Henry A. Kissinger

The American temptation is to believe that foreign policy is a subdivision of psychiatry.
Henry A. Kissinger

The essence of Richard Nixon is loneliness.
Henry A. Kissinger

The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer.
Henry A. Kissinger

The longer I am out of office, the more infallible I appear to myself.
Henry A. Kissinger

The nice thing about being a celebrity is that, if you bore people, they think it's their fault.
Henry A. Kissinger

The statesman's duty is to bridge the gap between his nation's experience and his vision.
Henry A. Kissinger

The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
Henry A. Kissinger

The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been.
Henry A. Kissinger

The Vietnam War required us to emphasize the national interest rather than abstract principles. What President Nixon and I tried to do was unnatural. And that is why we didn't make it.
Henry A. Kissinger

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry A. Kissinger

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
Henry A. Kissinger

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
Henry A. Kissinger

University politics are vicious precisely because the stakes are so small.
Henry A. Kissinger

We are all the President's men.
Henry A. Kissinger

We cannot always assure the future of our friends; we have a better chance of assuring our future if we remember who our friends are.
Henry A. Kissinger

Whatever must happen ultimately should happen immediately.
Henry A. Kissinger

When you meet the president, you ask yourself, "How did it ever occur to anybody that he should be governor much less president?"
Henry A. Kissinger

While we should never give up our principles, we must also realize that we cannot maintain our principles unless we survive.
Henry A. Kissinger

You can't make war in the Middle East without Egypt and you can't make peace without Syria.
Henry A. Kissinger
----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home